Black Kale, Toasted Walnut & Pomegranate Salad
Black Kale, Toasted walnuts & Pomegranate Seeds with Garlic Tahini Dressing
- 1 bunch of Lacinato (black) kale
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp flax or olive oil
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- ¼ cup raw walnuts, unsalted
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- De-stem and chiffonade (thinly sliced) kale.
- Mix kale, lemon juice, flaxseed oil and sea salt in a large bowl. Using hands rub oil mixture into kale until fully coated and starting to soften.
- Set aside kale for 5-10 minutes.
- In a dry pan lightly toast walnuts over medium heat, 1-2 mins. Remove from pan to cool.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until well combined.
- Toss kale mixture with 1-2 tbsp of dressing. Top with toasted walnuts and pomegranate seeds to serve.