Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 -4lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 2 inch cubes
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and cubed.
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp maca powder (optional)
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss squash, onion, carrots and celery in coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add apple and spices (not maca) cook for 20 more minutes.
- Add all to a large stock pot.
- Pour stock into pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and sea salt.
- Puree soup
- When serving, stir in maca to each bowl
- Top with thin slices of apple.