Chocolate Coconut Clusters
- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp raw honey (or ¼ tsp stevia powder)
- 1 cup dark chocolate (or carob) chips (70%)
- Mix all ingredients (except chocolate) in a bowl until well combined.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking tray. The clusters will feel like they are falling apart. That is fine. Just place them carefully on the tray.
- Put clusters in the freezer until they harden. About 3 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler until smooth.
- Dip only half of each clusters in the chocolate leaving the other half bare.
- Place them back on the baking tray.
- Put them into refrigerator to let the chocolate set.
- Devour with passion!
Added goodness: add protein powder to the coconut mixture before you form them into clusters.
Peppermint, orange or almond extract are great additions to the chocolate for tasty variations of this recipe. I also add protein powder to the cluster mixture for a delicious post-workout treat. Try switching up the nut butters too! Imagine the possibilities…cashew butter clusters with an orange-chocolate coating. YUM!