- High in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory flavonoids to help avoid chronic inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Flavonoids and vitamin C together improve antioxidant effectiveness of each other
- 1327% of daily Vitamin K, 354% of daily vitamin A and 88% of daily vitamin C in one cup of cooked kale.
- ¼ cup contains 95% DV of Omega 3s
- Protective against metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes.
- Some phytonutrients found in walnuts are found in virtually no other commonly-eaten foods.
- Rare and valuable phytonutrients work as antioxidants and anti-inflammatories which lead to decreased risk of certain cancers—including prostate cancer and breast cancer
- Seeds from the inactive part of the marijuana plant.
- Hemp seeds are a source of complete protein containing all essential amino acids.
- There is between 3.5 and 5 grams of protein in 1 tbsp of hemp seeds.
- They are also a great source of omega fatty acids., the same type of fat found in fish.
- Improve iron uptake, source of selenium, has sulphur-containing nutrients (helps keep blood pressure under control). Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral
- High in vitamin C and other antioxidants, alkalizing, supports immune health.
- High levels of Omega 3 fatty acids
- Decrease inflammation in the body; better brain function, improved mood and cognition; cardiovascular health; joint protection; decreased macular degeneration and decreased risk of cancer.
- High levels of important antioxidant selenium
- Per 4 oz : 265% DV of Vitamin D, 110% DV of B12, 109% DV tryptophan, 62% DV of protein, 61% omega 3’s, 61% selenium, 244 calories.
- Contains monoterpenes which aide antioxidants in oxidizing molecules which would damage the body
- “chemoprotective” –helps neutralize carcinogens
- Similar to garlic, has antibacterial properties
Himalayan Pink Salt:
- Contains 84 minerals and trace elements such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron.
- Unrefined, unprocessed “raw” salt.
- Provide essential minerals, balances the body’s pH, normalizes blood pressure, and increase circulation and conductivity.
- an adaptogen- adapts to the needs of the body to aid in balancing hormones, regulates stress, improves memory and cognitive function, increases libido, combats fatigue. Contains around 60 phytonutrients.
- Anti-inflammatory due to high anti-oxidant content.
- Orange colour indicates high levels of carotenoids, in particular beta-carotene.
- Low fat, high fiber, high in B vitamins such as B6 and folate. Excellent for insulin/blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health.
- Very good source of vitamin C.
- 215% of daily Vit A in 1 cup baked.
- Antioxidant- ability to protect cell membranes against oxidation
- Pectin and polyphenals help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, regulate blood sugar
- Blood sugar stabilization, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial.
- Scent improves brain function
- 2 tsp contain 45% DV of trace mineral manganese and 11% DV of fiber
- Quercetin, for preventing oxidation stress, is not damaged when simmered in soup. It is transferred into the broth.
- Like garlic, contains sulfurous compounds- required for hundreds of physiological processes
Coconut & Coconut Oil
- Great oil for cooking as it has a higher smoke point than other oils, including olive oil.
- Antiviral, antimicrobial; improves digestions and absorption of other nutrients; anti-inflammatory
- Although a saturated fat, it can be easily digested and is thought to actually aide in weight loss.