Walnut & Flax Crusted Salmon
- Salmon: full of omega 3’s, highly anti-inflammatory, improve brain function, improved mood and cognition; cardiovascular health; joint protection; decreased macular degeneration and decreased risk of cancer. Very good source of B6, B12 and selenium. 4oz provides 110% of daily value (DV) of B12 and 61% of DV of omega 3’s.
- Flaxseed: high in fiber, omega 3’s (132% of DV of omega 3s in 2 tbsp).
- Walnuts: Very high in omega 3s (195% of DV of omega 3s in ¼ cup). Protective against metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes.
- Lemon: High in vitamin C and other antioxidants, alkalizing, supports immune health.
- Coconut oil: Has a higher smoke point than other oils, including olive oil. Antiviral, antimicrobial; improves digestions and absorption of other nutrients; anti-inflammatory. Although a saturated fat, it can be easily digested and is thought to actually aide in weight loss.
- Garlic: helps lower LDL cholesterol and high blood pressure, slows arterial hardening (atherosclerosis), is a blood thinner.
Ingredients: (1 serving)
1 wild-caught salmon filet (6 oz)
2 tbsp raw walnut crumbs
1/2 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp tarragon
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Combine all ingredients (except salmon, salt and pepper) into a small mixing bowl. Mix into a crumbly paste.
Season salmon with salt and pepper.
Top salmon filet with mixture, generously covering the entire filet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.